Monsters University enrollment wins box office
Zombies and Superman was no match for Monsters University.
Disney/Pixar’s Monsters University is the weekend box office winner.
The animated film which features the voices of Billy Crystal and John Goodman debuted in first place with $82 million.
Monsters University is Pixar’s 14th consecutive film to open in first place.
Brad Pitt’s World War Z came in second place with $66 million in its debut.
Superman comes in third place with Man of Steel adding another $41.2 million bringing its total to $210 million in just its second week of release.
This Is The End starring Seth Rogen, James Franco and Jonah Hill finished in fourth place.
The thriller Now You See Me held onto fifth place in its fourth week in theatres.
1. “Monsters University,” $82 million ($54.5 million international).
2. “World War Z,” $66 million ($45.8 million international).
3. “Man of Steel,” $41.2 million ($89 million international).
4. “This Is the End,” $13 million.
5. “Now You See Me,” $7.87 million ($6.6 million international).