New Kanye Religion ‘Yeezianity’
The church of Yeezus was founded about a month ago by a man who hasn’t released his name, because he fears that any name-association with the religion will ruin it’s goal to help people anonymously. According to the founder, in order to become a member of Yeezianity, you just have to believe in the principles—and in that moment, you become a member. The group follows what they call the “5 Pillars,” which are as follows:
1. All things created must be for the good of all
2. No human being’s right to express themselves must ever be repressed
3. Money is unnecessary except as a means of exchange
4. Man possesses the power to create everything he wants and needs
5. All human suffering exists to stimulate the creative powers of Man
As of this moment, Kanye probably doesn’t know about the religion that carries his name, but one would imagine he’d approve of the positive message about viewing yourself as a God. The founder of Yeezianity recently took out a Craiglist ad in hopes of gaining membership—and publicity. But before you start tweeting about how ridiculous this whole notion is, how this dude is probably just looking for internet fame, take note that the founder recognizes the absurdity of it all, and still requests to remain anonymous.
With hopes of understanding why someone would ever want to base a religion on a rapper who wears a discoball on his head while he performs, The founder was interviewed via Noisey.Vice.com.
See the full interview with Noisey (Eric Sundermann) Here