OSCARS RECAPFebruary 25, 2013
Argo takes home Best PictureThe Academy Awards took place last night, celebrating this past years best in film. Among the big winners was Argo, which won for Best Picture becoming the fourth film in Oscar history to win best picture without a nomination in the directing category. Best director went to Ang Lee for Life of Pi. Making Oscar history again was Daniel Day Lewis who won Best Actor for the third time with his portrayal of Abraham Lincoln in the movie Lincoln. Jennifer Lawrence won the Academy Award for Best Actress for her work in Silver Linings Playbook, she also tripped on her way to the stage to receive the award. Christoph Waltz won Best Supporting actor for Django Unchained, Best Supporting Actress went to Anne Hathaway for Les Miserables. Adele took home the award for Best Song for Skyfall. Full list of winners is below:
- Best Picture: Argo.
- Actor: Daniel Day-Lewis, Lincoln.
- Actress: Jennifer Lawrence, Silver Linings Playbook.
- Directing: Ang Lee, Life of Pi.
- Adapted Screenplay: Chris Terrio, Argo.
- Original Screenplay: Quentin Tarantino, Django Unchained.
- Supporting Actor: Christoph Waltz, Django Unchained.
- Supporting Actress: Anne Hathaway, Les Misérables.
- Animated Short: Paperman.
- Animated Feature: Brave.
- Cinematography: Life of Pi.
- Visual Effects: Life of Pi.
- Costume: Anna Karenina.
- Makeup and Hairstyling: Les Misérables.
- Live Action Short: Curfew.
- Documentary Short: Inocente.
- Documentary Feature: Searching for Sugar Man.
- Foreign-Language Film: Amour.
- Sound Mixing: Les Misérables.
- Sound Editing (tie): Skyfall; Zero Dark Thirty.
- Film Editing: Argo.
- Production Design: Lincoln.
- Score: Life of Pi, Mychael Danna.
- Song: Skyfall (from Skyfall).
TURN US ON! - G98.7FM.com LISTEN NOW
LIKE US! - FACEBOOKBack to the G-BLOG