Spex at Night with SPEX

Mark & Jem in the Morning

Mornings just got easier with Mark & Jem from 6- 10.

For years, Mark and Jem have been waking up Toronto with their entertaining views on current affairs and gossip.
Mark Strong and Jemeni bring you what you need to give you that extra step in your mornings. The Mark & Jem show also features the Soul Skool Mix with DJ Christopher Michaels.

Who needs a coffee when you have Mark & Jem in the morning to wake you up?

Back to the FRIDAY
  • alice said:

Hi Mark and Jem just want to thank you for your wonderful morning show, you guys a really entertaining and keep me awake on my drive to work each morning. Just want to contribute to your this day in history segment i enjoy it very much.
    Tomorrow Dec 12 is Kenyans 50 universally; we Kenyan call it [Jamuhuri day]and it also my daughter 8 birthday if u could wish her a happy birthday.
    thank you and God bless.

December 11, 2013
  • faviwn said:

Hey mark,jem,thank,you so much for playing reggae hits music and old school with DJ Michael’s

January 11, 2014
  • Radhika said:

Good morning Mark and Jem,
    I absolutely love listening to your show in the mornings on my way to work. I am sure some mornings people in the other cars think I am crazy because i would either be laughing to something funny you guys say or grooving to the music and when I say grooving I mean dancing in my chair. Anyway, I just wanted to share that, keep up the good work and keep me coming to work happy. Also, I just read something that would be perfect for your “feel good” moment of the day but not sure where to send it?

February 13, 2014
    • Editor said:

Hi Radhika, you can find e-mails for Mark and Jem on the contact page of our website:

February 13, 2014
  • ewan roberts said:

Hi m&j keep up the good work I listen to u both every day doing good god bless ewan

March 8, 2014
  • Natasha said:

Good Morning! Lets hear some MAURICE!!! Show love to Canadian R&B <3

March 21, 2014
  • sharon campbell said:

mark and jem you guy are fantastic and i enjoy turning on my radio to black music and issues that focus on the black community. You do it in such away the keep you wanting to come back all the time. I look forward to more issues and solution by engaging the community.

April 23, 2014
  • Heather said:

Listening to you guys this morning and you played the new raptor song would love to know the name of it. My grandsons team is playing in the Kingston’s OBA this weekend would love to have that as there warm up rap song

April 25, 2014
    • Editor said:

Hi Heather, glad you’re enjoying the Morning Show with Mark & Jem, unfortunately they do not monitor these comments on the website. -G987FM

April 25, 2014
  • Lauren said:

Hope to hear some soca/rnb chunes on Thursday May 1st. You guys rock:)!

April 29, 2014
  • Terence said:

I am not sure if you have one or not, but when you have your morning discussions you should have a chat space opened up for more discussions or take questions or comments of the live discussion board. Bun and bakery can go on for days

May 22, 2014
    • Editor said:

Hi Terence, thanks for your suggestion. Many times the topic is posted on social media (Facebook/Twitter/Instagram) and listeners are able to post questions or comments. -G987FM

May 22, 2014
  • Rosa said:

I neeeeeeed to know what the song title/artist was at approx. 8:07 a.m. today PLEASEEEEE! The song RIGHT BEFORE ‘Love and Affection, by Pressure’.

Thanks! Love Love Love G98.7.

June 27, 2014
    • Editor said:

Hi Rosa, unfortunately there is no playlist during mixshows. In the future, if it’s not during a mixshow, you can find the song titles/artists on our Recently Played List. -G987FM

June 27, 2014
  • Alex said:

THere was a song playing at 8:15 a.m. today. I use to love to hear that song in the club, back in the 90s. Unfortuantely, I dont know the name of the song or artist. Could you help me out. Thanks

July 7, 2014
    • Editor said:

Hi Alex, in the future you can check out our Recently Played list (, however if it’s during a mix, the songs would not be listed. -G987FM

July 18, 2014
  • Anthony said:

Hello, Mark and Jem. You two are doing amazing job together. I enjoy listening to you two every morning.
    I would like to know, is there anyway you two could interview Canadian artist Lucus Dipasquale vey soon?. Who wrote some popular songs for Jamaican artist Popcaan and Sean Paul. I watched an interview over the weekend with him, on “ONSTAGE TV” with Winfords Williams and it was very good to take in and see how Canadian are working behind the scenes and infront of scenes (like Keshia Chanté)….Lucus Dipasquale is a very talented young man and a smart one too base on the interview. Overall, Big up to you two and also your wonderful Staffs. God Bless….

August 13, 2014
    • Editor said:

Hi Anthony, Thank you for your comment, unfortunately our On-Air announcers/Djs do not monitor the the comments on the website. – G98.7FM

August 18, 2014
  • alexcia said:

You interviewed a motivational speaker this morning Thomas something. Just wonder if I could get his full name. You said he has a speaking coming up in Canada soon and I’m trying to get detailss

August 20, 2014
  • TeeTee said:

You two ALWAYS make my husband and I DWL (dead wit luff)! This morning (Sep2), you spoke about “Barrels”… something we are all too familiar with. You mentioned a guy in J.A who has made a career in RECIEVING them… what was his name again?
    By the way, keep up the good work.

September 2, 2014
    • Editor said:

Hi TeeTee, his name is Dwight Ross.

– G98.7FM

September 11, 2014
  • lana said:

The best!!

October 23, 2014
  • kevin said:

good morning, on the november 24 2014, the morning shows feel good moment was a poem from a teacher speaking about not speaking up.i would like to know his name and where i can find that poem. thank you some much for sharing something so though provoking. keep up the great work WE’RE LISTENING! lol

November 27, 2014
  • paul said:

Hi Mark & Jem you are doing a very job on your morning show keep up the good job.

December 27, 2014
  • Tania said:

Jumping up with my grandson soca baby side note
    Miss the basketball games mark Mercedes says hey

January 14, 2015
  • Pamela said:

Hello Mark and Jen. I have not been back to Jamaica in over 30 years. Just been too busy, however with THE AUTHENTIC G98.7FM It`s like never leaving home, and for that I am blessed to have a piece of “yard” right here! I refused to listen to any other `so call black stations. For me it`s you or nothing.

Love ya`From Ajax ON. Pamela Creary

February 9, 2015
  • Mary Mac Arthur said:

Hi there I am a newbie just arrived from Montreal and missing the live soul vibe from Montreal I was trying to find a station I liked and couldn’t get Flow due to my condo location I guess….soooooo I was checking around and fell on this sultry male voice that got my attention…..I guess we know who it is and I have been a fan ever since… just 6months…Jem is great as well and keeps Mark in his place… love that I can relate to the paella, the crock pot and Jem and The Fall…. getting used to the Rooster…. kind of like it now… Keep up great vibe!!!! makes me like Toronto more

February 10, 2015
  • Shawn Lenglet said:

Hi mark & Jem love your show and the sweet music you play keep it rolling

February 16, 2015
  • Al said:

Listening to your show this morning in Jamaica, on the beech. You sound so much better here than in Toronto. Keep the great show going. Mark, Jem and Red you are the BEST.

February 26, 2015